"My family often requests this meatless main dish, a tempting cross between pizza and spaghetti," says Andrea Quick of Columbus, Ohio.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and
- onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon
- and keep warm. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over
- medium-high. Spread pasta evenly in skillet to form a crust. Cook
- for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn crust onto a large plate. Reduce heat to medium; slide crust
- back into skillet. Top with pizza sauce, sauteed vegetables, olives,
- cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 311 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium,