Passion Fruit Hurricanes
This is our Test Kitchen’s version of the famous Hurricane beverage that's so popular in New Orleans.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups passion fruit juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries
- In a pitcher, combine the fruit juice, sugar, lime juice, rum and
- grenadine; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into hurricane or highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with
- orange slices and cherries. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 340 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.