Whenever the ladies of our church host a bridal shower, these pita sandwiches appear on the menu. Not only are they easy and delicious, they add color to the table. —Janette Root, Ellensburg, Washington
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound shaved fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill and garlic salt. Cut each
- pita in half horizontally; spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture
- on each cut surface.
- On four pita halves, layer the spinach, ham and cheese. Top with
- remaining pita halves. Cut each pita into four wedges; secure with
- toothpicks. Yield: 16 pieces.