We served this scrumptious dish at our wedding. It went over so well that it’s been served at other weddings and family functions, and the requests keep coming!
28 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in three
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered,
- at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: about
- 7 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium,