Party Cheese Bread
“You can’t go wrong with this recipe. It looks fantastic and people just flock to it! It’s great with pasta, too.” Cheesy, buttery and finger-licking good, this bread is hard to beat. It’s so simple and the taste is sinful!
Karen Grant - Tulare, CA
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut
- bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of
- loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in
- cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15
- minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 491 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.