I always grow parsnips in my garden and discovered this quick and delicious way to enjoy them. My wife and I enjoy cooking and we always turn to the recipe first in Country.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups shredded peeled parsnips (about 1 pound)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey, warmed
- In a bowl, combine parsnips, egg, flour and salt. Drop batter by 1/2
- cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Fry over medium heat for
- 4-5 minutes per side or until vegetables are tender. Serve with
- honey. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.