Parsley Red Potatoes
These easy-to-prepare potatoes cook up tender and buttery on the stove, and they go so well with Mom's fried fish. I like using red potatoes because they have a little sweetness to them.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Peel off a strip around each potato if desired. Place in a large
- saucepan; cover with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Add butter and
- parsley; toss until butter is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.