Struggling to increase your family’s fish servings? You’ll appreciate this easy cod with staple ingredients. The flavors are mild and delicious, so even picky eaters won’t complain. —Judy Grebetz, Racine, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Brush oil over
- one side of fillets; gently press into crumb mixture.
- Place crumb side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.