Leslie Kvidal writes from Pascagoula, Mississippi, "The only way my daughter would eat zucchini was in a cake, until I came up with this Italian-style recipe one day. She had to have seconds!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and seasonings in oil
- for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium. Stir
- in Parmesan cheese; cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.