Parmesan Zucchini Strips
"My friends say these crispy zucchini sticks remind them of a restaurant appetizer," shares Marilyn Hutter of Costa Mesa, California. "Little do they know how simple they are to make. With only four ingredients, they couldn't be easier," she assures.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 4 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and cheese topping. Dip zucchini
- in egg substitute, then in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or
- until golden brown and tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 91 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.