Parmesan Yogurt Dip
"We like to eat raw vegeatbles a few times a week as a side dish for a meal...and this is a healthier alternative to ranch dressing for a veggie dip," notes Kathleen Tribble of Buellton, California.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted vegetables
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, parsley,
- green onion, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted vegetables.
- Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dip, calculated without vegetables) equals 30 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.