Parmesan Vegetable Toss
The first time I made this salad it was with two others for a Fourth of July party years ago. This one disappeared long before the other two! It's great for feeding a hungry crowd. At our house, there's never any left over. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
-Judy Barbato, N. Easton, Massachusetts
16-18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, cheese, sugar, basil and
- salt. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and water chestnuts; toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, place lettuce in salad bowl and top with
- vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Top with croutons if
- desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 269 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.