Parmesan Potato Rounds
These pretty cheese-coated potato slices go very well with lamb chops, and the dish is easy to prepare. It's the first recipe I turn to when I have potatoes and onions ready in the garden.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-qt. or 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Top with onion and remaining potatoes; drizzle with
- butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic
- powder. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until the
- potatoes are golden brown and tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.