Parmesan Pasta and Corn
This side dish is simple to make and can be easily doubled for a large group. I especially like it with fresh corn.
Frank Hilliard, East Liverpool, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Drain
- the pasta. Add the pasta, corn, salt and pepper to the skillet; heat
- through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.