Parmesan Orange Roughy
"I've always enjoyed orange roughy," relates Laura Freeman of Ruffin, North Carolina. "So as soon as I came across this recipe several years ago, I had to try it. It's been a regular entree at our house ever since because it's moist, delicious and easy to make."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip fillets in egg
- mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free milk) equals 239 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.