In Parkersburg, West Virginia, Cathy Adams uses refrigerated biscuits to make a big batch of these buttery snacks. They're handy to keep in the freezer and a snap to reheat and serve with a meal.
60 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic
- powder and pepper; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion into a 6-in. rope; tie in
- a loose knot. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown; immediately
- brush with the Parmesan mixture. Serve warm or freeze for up to 2
- To use frozen knots: Reheat, unthawed, at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 32 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.