12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen whole wheat bread dough
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place dough in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Thaw according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the
- cheese, parsley, garlic, dill and salt. Brush dough with butter;
- sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until nearly doubled, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 111 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.