This tasty side dish is whipped up in just 10 minutes on the stovetop. It has a hit of garlic and pretty color from green onion and pimientos.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in
- couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 174 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.