The savory coating on this chicken has the satisfying flavor of Parmesan cheese. It's easy enough to be a family weekday meal yet impressive enough to serve to guests. When I make this chicken for dinner, we never have leftovers.
-Schelby Thompson, Camden Wyoming, Delaware
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, combine butter, mustard,
- Worcestershire sauce and salt. In a plastic bag, combine crumbs and
- cheese. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then shake in crumb mixture,
- a few pieces at a time.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with any
- remaining butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.