Parmesan Chicken Breasts
"People can't believe it when I tell them how little time it takes to fix this delicious chicken," reports Mollie Hall of San Ramon, California. "It's very moist inside and so pretty to serve with its lovely basil-flecked coating."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the
- bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl,
- beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil
- for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.