This moist baked fish has a slightly crunchy coating with a mild Parmesan flavor. "Even my kids love this delicious, easy-to-fix recipe," writes Lettie Simon of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, paprika, salt
- and pepper; set aside. In another shallow dish, beat egg white and
- milk. Dip fillets in milk mixture, then in flour mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 fillet) equals 342 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.