"These soft breadsticks are so easy to make and have wonderful homemade flavor," maintains Marlene Muckenhirn, field editor from Delano, Minnesota. "We enjoy them warm from the oven dipped in pizza sauce."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Warm pizza sauce, optional
- Combine cheese and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Divide dough into 32 sections; roll each into a 5-in. rope. Twist
- two pieces together. Moisten ends with water and pinch to seal. Dip
- in butter, then in cheese mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes
- or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping if
- desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 breadstick equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.