Parmesan Baked Chicken
“This no-fuss recipe has been a longtime hit with my family. After a few minutes of prep, the oven does the rest of the work.” —Janet Faldowski-McFarlan, Gahanna, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the baking mix, cheese,
- paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken, a few pieces
- at a time, and shake to coat.
- Drizzle butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Place
- chicken, skin side down, in pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 352 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.