Parmesan Asparagus Roll-Ups
Fancy-looking and festive, these bites make the most of fresh asparagus and crispy phyllo dough. Watch them start conversations...and appetites! Eleanor Froehlich - Rochester, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- Cut asparagus spears into 4-in. lengths (discard stalks or save for
- another use). In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil.
- Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately
- place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Stack both sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface. Cut the stack in
- half lengthwise, then widthwise into thirds. Separate pieces and
- brush with some of the oil. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Place one asparagus spear along one side of each piece of phyllo
- dough. Sprinkle lightly with pepper; roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with
- oil. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll-up equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.