Paprika Pork Roast
I like to experiment with flavors. For a dinner party, I came up with this spectacular-looking yet simple recipe. My guests were so impressed when I sliced the roast thin and served it with steamed vegetables.
-Jonnie Faye Thompson, Raleigh, North Carolina
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 to 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- Combine the garlic salt, ginger, pepper and paprika; rub over the
- entire roast. Place roast with fat side up on a greased rack in a
- shallow roasting pan. Top with onion. Pour water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 233 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.