Paprika Chili Steak
Marinade seasoned with chili powder and paprika gives grilled flank stead a robust flavor. "This treasured recipe from a German neighbor opened up my taste buds to a whole new world," comments DiAnn Mallehan of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3
- hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak,
- covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°, well-done, 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked beef) equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,