- broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, bay leaf, thyme and
- pepper. Return beef to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine
- flour and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into beef
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Discard bay leaf. Remove from the heat; stir in sour
- cream until blended. Drain noodles; serve with stroganoff. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup stroganoff with 1 cup noodles equals 414 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.