Papaya Shrimp Salad
“Simple ingredients blend together beautifully to create the refreshing salad with a difference,” says Donna Noel of Gray, Maine.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt
- 4 teaspoons chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium papaya
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut papaya in half lengthwise; scoop out and
- discard seeds. Spoon shrimp mixture into each papaya half. Sprinkle
- with cilantro if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 papaya half with 3/4 cup salad (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 348 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.