An envelope of soup mix gives fast flavor to this beefy stovetop supper sent in by Susie Smith of Sauk Village, Illinois. "I came up with this all-in-one dish by using whatever ingredients I had on hand," she explains.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, water and soup mix. Stir in the mushrooms,
- beans, carrots and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-7 minutes or until beans are tender. Top with cheese;
- cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.