This homemade salsa is easy because it's made with canned tomatoes. Simply combine them with the seasonings for a spicy salsa that's good with tortilla chips. You can also use it with any recipe that calls for prepared salsa.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onion, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Tortilla chips
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup salsa equals 18 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.