Pantry Mushroom Gravy
Keep these ingredients on hand to make gravy for recipes that don't make pan drippings. Serve with meat loaf, Salisbury steak, hamburgers or even leftover roast beef or pork.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Set mushrooms aside. Add water
- to mushroom liquid to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened. Stir in flour
- and pepper until blended. Add bouillon and mushrooms. Gradually
- add mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Yield:
- 1-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 31 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.