Pansy 'n' Chicken Tossed Salad
This colorful recipe was from a friend who could make anything taste great.
Gaynell Nicholas, Henderson, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup edible pansies
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional edible pansies
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mint and salt;
- shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before
- serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional pansies if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 374 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.