Pancakes for a Crowd
Every time I make these pancakes, I'm reminded of Lansford, North Dakota, a lovely little town where I used to live. The country club there sponsored an annual breakfast that featured these tasty pancakes.Penelope Hamilton, Riverside, California
70-80 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 40 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups baking soda
- 3/4 cup salt
- 28 eggs
- 2 gallons milk
- 1 gallon buttermilk
- 64 ounces canola oil
- In several large bowls, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, buttermilk and oil;
- stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when
- bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield:
- 70-80 servings (5 gallons of batter).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 554 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 2,677 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.