Garlic, parsley and wine punch up the buttery flavor of this simple shrimp recipe and give it a decadent and special feel. Party-pretty and perfect for drop-in dinner guests! Patricia Zartman - York, PA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add
- wine and seasoning; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp
- turn pink. Serve with rice; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup shrimp with 1/2 cup rice equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.