Honey and balsamic lend a sweet flavor to chicken in this stovetop supper from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Served over rice, the tangy chicken combination makes a delicious meal on a busy night.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle
- chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in
- oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the vinegar, honey and basil; pour over chicken. Cook for 1-2
- minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.