Overnight Scalloped Chicken Casserole
This has to be one of the greatest casseroles ever! It serves the family or company equally well but really draws raves every time I take it to a potluck.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, and cheese. Add chicken,
- macaroni and eggs. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Toss bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and
- golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 363 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.