Overnight Pepper Salad
You can pep up all sorts of events with this pretty salad. It's easy on the cook, too. Not only is it ideal for mixing up ahead of time, it can be sized right for any gathering.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow ppeper, julienned
- 1 medium purple pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine remaining
- ingredients; mix well and pour over vegetables. Cover and
- refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 68 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable.