"There's no need to shy away from these sweet crispy snacks, because they're a snap to stir up on the stovetop," comments Charla Sackmann of Glidden, Iowa. "Our three children can't get enough of the chewy treats."
39 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows, chips and
- butter until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove
- from the heat. Stir in cereal and peanuts; mix well. Drop by rounded
- tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.