Garlic and other seasonings give great flavor to this colorful medley of vegetables at little cost. The pretty side dish from Sally Domark of Orland Hills, Illinois is tasty and inexpensive, too, at 33 cents a serving.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano or 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, zucchini and red
- pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables.
- Stir to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered,
- at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.