Heather Byers of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania jazzes up her fries with paprika and garlic powder. “Something about the combination of spices packs a heck of a punch,” she writes. “Everyone loves them—we even enjoy them as cold leftovers.”
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut each potato into 12 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the oil,
- paprika, salt and garlic powder. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender, turning
- once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 12 potato wedges equals 204 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.