Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets
LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma shares her buttery-tasting fish bites, which don't taste light at all. She writes, “My husband and I love fresh, fried fish, but we're both trying to cut back on fats. I made up this recipe and it was a huge hit. He tells me that he likes it as much as deep-fried fish, and that's saying a lot!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, Parmesan
- cheese, salt and pepper. Coat fish with butter-flavored spray, then
- roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375°
- for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 171 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.