I like to use recipes that call for fresh produce I've grown in my garden. Here's a simple way to prepare tender spears that bring out their flavor and maintains their bright green color.Robert Foust, Indianapolis, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the asparagus on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Dot
- with butter. Bring edges of foil together and seal tightly; place
- foil packet on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until asparagus is crisp-tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam
- to escape. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 64 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.