Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce
I developed this thick and creamy sauce in an attempt to re-create a peanut butter topping we had at a restaurant. Served over any kind of ice cream, it's to die for!Mary Long, Amherst, Virginia
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Nutrageous candy bar (3.4 ounces), finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in candy.
- Transfer to jars. Cover and store in a cool dark place for up to 4
- To serve, cook and stir in a small saucepan over medium-low heat
- until heated through. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 173 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.