Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad
“Here’s a healthier version of a popular boxed salad mix you can buy at the store. We absolutely love it! You can also add a little cooked chicken breast to make it heartier.”
Ann Timmerman – Northfield, MN
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the carrots, peas and bacon. In a small bowl, beat
- cream cheese and sour cream. Add milk and dressing mix; beat until
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Add
- dressing mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 252 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.