I like serve slices of this dressed-up French bread with a chef's salad. It's also a great complement to soup on a cold day. Sometimes I hollow out the loaf and fill it with the creamy mixture before baking. Laura Murphy
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, oregano, onion and
- vinegar. Spread over bread.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes
- or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 16
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.