Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
Breakfast is an important way to begin the day so these pancakes will give everyone a jump start.Roy and Lois Jackson, Brandon, Vermont
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs with vanilla and almond extract. mix in orange juice and
- oil; set aside. In separate bowl, mix whole wheat flour, baking soda
- and salt. Add liquid to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to
- mix. Cook on grill or griddle over medium heat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 271 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.