My children always appreciated a hot cup of this beverage after walking home from school. The tea is refreshing and tasty, and it warms you up. For about half the year, warmth is something we can always use more of around here!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 7 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons instant tea
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine water, orange juice concentrate, sugar,
- lemon juice and tea. Tie the cloves in a small cheesecloth bag; add
- to saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Remove spice bag.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in glass container in refrigerator.
- Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.