I regularly cook up these candied pecans for Christmas gift-giving and family munching. The citrusy-sweet flavor is different and delicious.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice
- concentrate. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a
- candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the
- heat; stir in pecans and orange peel.
- Beat until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 178 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.