Orange Strawberry Smoothies
My family and friends were so surprised when I told them that this refreshing, healthy drink has a secret ingredient…tofu! My dad often requests it for dessert. –Jan Gilreath of Winnebago, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken reduced-fat firm tofu
- 3 cups halved frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups sliced ripe bananas
- In a food processor, combine the orange juice, tofu, strawberries and
- bananas; cover and pulse until blended. Pour into chilled glasses;
- serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 120 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 lean meat.