Orange Spiced Ham Steak
Connie Moore of Medway, Ohio turns orange marmalade, mustard and a hint of ginger into a fast-to-fix glaze for ham. The mouthwatering entree may be short on time, but it's definitely long on flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham for 4 minutes
- on each side or until lightly browned; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to
- a boil. Spoon over ham. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham equals 305 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,609 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.